Showbox App Download: With the innovation of the smartphones, we have changed our ways to watch videos and movies. Now we watch most of our
With the revolution of the smartphones, the importance of the movie and video streaming applications have increased exponentially. And when we talk about the streaming applications, ShowBox is the first name which comes up in our mind. Rated as one of the most downloaded streaming applications of the current era, ShowBox is mostly famous for the easy and intutive interface. This mind-blowing application comes with a huge and diversed database of all the recent as well as cult movies and TV serieses of different genres. Moreover the advanced search tool of Show Box lets you search by different categories such as Popular or New Releases. All the contents available on the application are of HD qualities and of different formats.
- Moreover, the application comes with a user-friendly, smart and intuitive UI which allows the users to search contents very easily and the filter option reduces the pain in a subsequent manner. That is another reason why the app gained so much popularity in the last couple of years.
Although ShowBox is one of the most downloaded applications of the past year, still it is not available on Google Play Store as it endorses streaming which violates the Play Store’s rule. Moreover, being an Android based application, It is neither available for Windows PC or iOS. So in this article, we will discuss the tricks of how to download ShowBox APK for Android, for Windows PC and for iOS. But before we get into the technical aspects, let’s check out the Showbox features below:
Showbox App Features
Free of Cost
ShowBox is the video streaming application comes completely free of cost. All the contents are absolutely free and it does not ask for any kind of subscription charge.
open the application and all of your desired contents are just one click away. You can find all types of shows and TV serials without much efforts and that's also by a finger tap.
Most of the movies and videos available on ShowBox are of HD qualities. Using this awesome app you can simply enjoy HD movies and shows at free!
Showbox comes with a very easy and simple user-interface. Anyone can simply launch the app and enjoy unlimited.
Enjoy Movies & TV shows even when you are offline! Using the offline mode you can make this tweak.
Videos in multiple quality
You will get videos and movies of different resolutions. Choose which one to download and stream
Absolutely free of cost: The most important feature of ShowBox is the video streaming application comes completely free of cost. You don’t need to spend a single dime to watch movies or TV shows on this app.
Enriched contents: The application contains thousands of movies and TV shows of different genres and categories. So you don’t have to search on Google to get all of your
HD quality contents: Most of the movies and videos available on ShowBox are of HD qualities. So you can get the best movie watching experiences through this application.
Easy and user-friendly UI: Showbox comes with a very easy and simple user-interface so that anybody can use it without much hustle. The application has a huge database of movies and TV shows and everything is well arranged and divided according to their categories and genres.
Offline mode: You can also watch your
Videos of multiple resolutions: You will get videos and movies of different resolutions within the application. So you can download contents of 240p resolution as well as 1080p resolution, whichever suits you and whichever you can afford.
Download ShowBox APK for Android
So friends hopefully you have got an idea what Showbox can offer to you what are the benefits of this awesome video streaming application. But the problem is, although it is an Android based application, it is not officially registered on the Google Play Store as the video and movie streaming application provides streaming related content which violates Google Play Store’s terms and conditions. So if you want to download this movie streaming app for Android smartphones, you have to download the Showbox APK for Android first and then only you will be able to run this video streaming application on your device. Well don’t worry friends, we have explained everything below:
- Step 1: As we have mentioned Showbox is not registered on Google Play Store. First, you have to download the Showbox apk file from an external source (sources other than Google Play Store). So to download the Showbox Apk file, click on this link.
- Step 2: Now, as the apk file is a third party app, you need to give the green signal to the unknown sources to allow installation Showbox from sources other than Google Play Store. So, to grant permission, visit the Settings of your phone and then click on the Security. Here you will notice the Unknown Sources option. Click on the checkbox to grant access to the Unknown Sources.
- Step 3: A pop-up will appear on your screen telling you that installing the application from unknown sources may harm your device. Ignore it and click on the ‘OK’ button to continue the process. Step 4: Then open the File Manager on your phone and find the Showbox APK file you have just downloaded.
- Step 4: Now to start the installation procedure, click on the Showbox apk file. The file will seek for your permission. Allow all of them, to carry forward the installation process.
- Step 6: Finally have some patience as it will take some time to complete the whole installation process. As soon as Showbox gets successfully installed on your Android device, you will find the app logo on the main menu.
Showbox for Windows OS (Minimum System Requirements)
To run the showbox emulator we need minimum Intel Pentium 1.6GHz. You can run this on new generation AMD processors also. Check the processor and do needful upgrade
In order to facilitate the installation we need 2.0 GB DRAM Internal Storage: 500MB though we recommend to have DDR2 RAM because high graphics need to be supported
Win XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 are ideal though sometimes Win Vista does not support. We recommend to run it on Win 8 or 8.1 or on Win 10 (the latest Microsoft OS)
Showbox for PC (Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP)
Well friends we have already discussed the steps to download ShowBox for Android smartphones. Now if you want to download this superb video and movie streaming application on your Windows PC what should you do? As it is designed for the Android devices only, you cannot run the application on your Windows-based desktop or laptop directly. So you need an Android emulator to download ShowBox for Windows.An Android emulator is basically a software which mimics Android on user’s Windows PC so that they can play any Android app without their device actually having Android, with the help of the emulator’s online interface. BlueStacks, YouWave and Andy are the three most popular, secure and reliable Android emulators of the current times. We have explained the steps to download Showbox for Windows PC with all the three emulators. But before head into the steps, let’s find out the minimum system requirement you need to download this mind blowing application on your Windows desktop or laptop.
An Android emulator is basically a software which mimics Android on user’s Windows PC so that they can play any Android app without their device actually having Android, with the help of the emulator’s online interface. BlueStacks, YouWave and Andy are the three most popular, secure and reliable Android emulators of the current times. We have explained the steps to download Showbox for Windows PC with all the three emulators. But before head into the steps, let’s find out the minimum system requirement you need to download this mind blowing application on your Windows desktop or laptop.
ShowBox for PC: Method 1 (Using BlueStacks Android Emulator)
- Step 1: To start the procedure, go to the official website of BlueStacks first and download the Android emulator on your Windows PC.
- Step 2: Then install the Android emulator on your desktop or laptop. To do so, double-tap on the installer file and follow the instructions coming on your screen.
- Step 3: As soon as you successfully installed the emulator on your Windows PC, download the Show box apk file from this link.
- Step 4: Then go to the directory where you saved the Showbox Apk file. Then, Right click on the ShowBox.apk> Open with> BlueStacks apk handler to install the ShowBox for Windows PC. Check the below screen shot.
- Step 5: After that open BlueStacks again and click on the ‘All Apps’ button. Check the below image.
- Step 6: Then on the ‘All apps’ section you will find the ShowBox app icon, click on it to launch the app and start enjoying unlimited HD quality video and movie streaming for free of cost.
Show Box for PC: Method 2 (Using Andy Android Emulator)
- Step 1: Just like the aforementioned procedure, start the procedure by downloading the Andy Android emulator first from the official website.
- Step 2: After that start the installation of the Android emulator by clicking on the installer file you have just downloaded.
- Step 3: Now when you will successfully complete installation of the Andy emulator on your Windows PC, download the Showbox apk file from this link.
- Step 4: Then, launch the Andy emulator on your Windows PC.
- Step 5: After that, go to the ‘Downloads’ directory of your desktop/laptop where you have downloaded the Showbox apk file. Step 6: Next right click on the apk file and open it with the Andy Android emulator.
- Step 7: The emulator will start automatically installing the video and movie streaming application.
- Step 8: Last but not the least, when the app gets installed on your device, you will find it in the ‘All Apps’ section. Double click on the app and start using Showbox for Windows.
ShowBox for PC: Method 3 (Using YouWave Android Emulator)
- Step 1: Just like the above two methods you have to again download the YouWave Android Emulator first, from its official website. There are two versions available of YouWave; one comes with absolutely free of cost, and the other one is the premium version, which you have to buy. The free version contains ads, whereas the premium version comes ad free.
- Step 2: After that install the Android emulator on your Windows desktop or laptop by clicking on the installer file you have just downloaded.
- Step 3: As soon as the YouWave emulator gets successfully installed on your Windows desktop or laptop, download the Showbox apk file from this link.
- Step 4: Launch the emulator on your PC.
- Step 5: Now visit the ‘Downloads’ folder on your PC where you have downloaded the Showbox apk file.
- Step 6: After that right click on the APK file and open the file with the YouWave emulator.
- Step 7: The emulator will now automatically start installing the Showbox video and movie streaming application Step 8: Finally, when Showbox gets installed on your Windows PC you will find it in the ‘All Apps’ section. Double click on the app icon and start using Show box for Windows PC
Showbox for Mac Download (Step-by-Step Guide)
We have already discussed how to download ShowBox for Android and Windows PC. Now check out the process to download Showbox for Mac devices. If you follow these easy steps, you will be able to stream HD quality videos and movies on your Mac computer through the application.
- Step 1: First of all download the Genymotion Mac OS X 64 bits from here. You have to create an account first.
- Step 2: Then install Genymotion only as you need not install Genymotion Shell.
- Step 3: After that, download Virtual Box from this link and then install it.
- Step 4: Now run Genymotion and log into your account.
- Step 5: Next click on the ‘Add’ option and add a virtual device – any device with 1080×1920 resolution and version 4.4.4 or later will fulfil the criteria.
- Step 6: Then double-click on the device to run the virtual device.
- Step 7: Next download the Showbox APK file from this link.
- Step 8: Then drag the Apk file to the virtual device which will install Showbox to the virtual device.
- Step 9: Then the app will ask for an update, so click on ‘Update’.
- Step 10: Now click on “Settings”.
- Step 11: Then check “unknown sources”
- Step 12: Finally launch Showbox again and click “Update”.
How to Stream ShowBox on Chromecast
Another great feature of this movie and video streaming application is that you can run Showbox on Google Chromecast. To run the Chromecast, you need a media player, a Chromecast supported TV and a Chromecast application. So check out the steps of how to stream ShowBox for Chromecast.
- Step 1: First download and install MX Player and LocalCast on your device from the Google Play Store.
- Step 2: Then select the video you wish to stream on ShowBox and change the ‘Player’ option to ‘Other Player’.
- Step 3: Then click on the ‘Watch Now’ option.
- Step 4: Now select the ‘Share with MX Player’ option.
- Step 5: After that click on the screen to show the video options and click on the three dots coming to the upper right-hand side of your screen.
- Step 6: Now select Tools, then Share and finally LocalCast
- Step 7: Finally, choose your Chromecast player.
ShowBox App Alternatives
There are plenty of other movie and video streaming applications are available on the internet which can be used as the best alternatives of ShowBox. You can try your hands on Netflix, PlayBox, ROX Player, Hulu, Crackle, Kodi as the substitute of ShowBox.
Netflix: Despite being a paid service, Netflix is widely popular among those who seek quality entertainment. This is because the service has gone far beyond being just a streaming app. It has a number of brand new exclusive shows that you will find here first. And considering the kind of star power it is gaining by the day, it is best to get introduced to this channel if you wish to stay updated on your regular fill of world-class entertainment.
PlayBox: PlayBox is a rather popular alternative for ShowBox, as it offers very similar services at absolutely no extra cost. You can get access to your favorite movies and television shows, including all the latest ones, with the help of this app. What’s more is that PlayBox can run seamlessly across a number of platforms, so you can watch all that you want on your smartphone, tablet, or PC, without any hassles.
Hulu: Another paid service on the block, this factor hardly deters fans from subscribing to this application. That is because, like Netflix, Hulu is owned by some of the heavyweights in showbiz who are dedicated to bringing the best of television and entertainment to their users. Hulu supports less efficient internet connections as well, and also supports Chromecast in order to stream whatever you like directly to a screen of your choice. There is a lot of original content on offer here as well.
Kodi: This open source media player service has gained a lot of attention from users in recent times, not only because of the convenience it offers but also for its versatility. Kodi has a number of privileges, like storing your searches in memory and shaping recommendations based on them and automatic subtitle download. However, what makes Kodi truly stand out is that it is operative across a wide range of platforms, like Mac, Windows, Linux, and iOS.
Crackle: This is a truly amazing app that allows you to stream and watch all your favorite television shows and original content for free. All you have to do is sign up (which costs you nothing) and start enjoying. Moreover, the service is updated on a daily basis to ensure you get hold of the latest content from across a large number of options. It can operate across multiple platforms like Android and PC, and Chromecast support ensures that you can view on a connected device of your choice.
So friends hopefully we have answered all your questions regarding the ShowBox video and movie streaming application in this one-stop article. So download this mind-blowing app today and add more